RE: [F_minor] Ravel

Christiane:

you have heard GG's Richard Strauss album, eh?  I own a copy (a CBS recording I think) and I consider it to be a gem of great worth.  The documentary I mentioned some time back about GG, I guess the most recent of many, has rare clips of GG at home doodling on pieces he would never do publicly like Mendelssohn (just a few bars) and other stuff.  I have yet to hear GG do Chopin although I have read that he played it mercilessly.

Someone wrote (can't recall where I read this) that GG attacked Mozart's' music contrapuntally in a way to show his displeasure.  Good explanation.

Regards,

Fred