From: f_minor-bounces@email.rutgers.edu [mailto:f_minor-bounces@email.rutgers.edu] On Behalf Of Armstrong Caleb
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 1:57 PM
To: f_minor@email.rutgers.edu
Subject: RE: [F_minor] Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata

Have to disagree.  Most recordings of this work I find sickeningly sweet, and dreadfully slow.  Like wading through treacle.  Glenn's first movement has a verve to it that reinvigorates this piece for me.  The second I've never been very fond of, so no comment.  The third movement has an energy and momentum that I find exhilarating.  Glenn's is without a doubt my favourite, and in my view an exceptionally vivacious, interpretation.

Caleb