[F_minor] The perfect piano?

Hi all.  I think earlier today, yesterday? Someone posted about Glenn's
obsession to own/play the perfect piano.  Got me to thinking.  Has
anyone read anywhere either Glenn's explanation or lacking that someone
else's understanding of why Glenn opted to "release" the Toccata (Bach)
album from a piano that was out of tune and had noisy and rickety action
noises? I hope I have the correct album in mind.

I know that Gould's first love was his Steinway that he made many
recordings on.  It was dropped by the piano movers at some point and
although repaired he apparently abandoned it for recording purposes.  He
then bought a huge Yamaha grand, made his adjustments to the action and
recorded the rest of his recordings on it, or so I think.  This Yamaha I
believe is on display at Roy Thompson Hall in downtown Toronto (or it
used to be).  Anyway, if some of you can recall the recording I'm
referring to I'd like to read of some opinions and views.  Every time I
hear the recording I cannot understand why, an inveterate perfectionist,
he would release it.

Kind regards,

Fred Houpt
Toronto

[snip]

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.