Re: [F_minor] something Gould would like: Gibbons on piano

Houpt, Fred wrote:
Have a listen to what Ivo Pogorelich does with Scarlatti....if the hair
on the back of your neck doesn't stand up and you don't get
goosebumps...well then I can't explain it.   One of the most sensational
recordings I've heard in years.

I have Pogorelich's disc; but if this music has to be on piano, I like Mikhail Pletnev's and Mark Swartzentruber's discs of Scarlatti better than Pogorelich's.

Pletnev's is easy to find anywhere, and Swartzentruber's is at
http://www.discovery-records.com/product-ST28610/SCARLATTI-DOMENICO/Sonatas-Mark-Swartzentruber-piano.htm
or
http://www.amazon.com/Scarlatti-Sonatas-Mark-Swartzentruber/dp/B00004YQU4
I reviewed it there at that Amazon page way back in 2001.

Brad Lehman