RE: [F_minor] re: worldwide popularity polls

Good points.  As a Torontonian who listens to CBC FM regularly, I can
tell others....that we hear "live from Glenn Gould Theater" several
times a week.  Perhaps it is the case that for many Canadians their only
connection to the name Gould is the theater named after him? We take
much for granted as lovers of his life.  Canada is a big country and the
further you go away from his bronze statue on Front Street here in
Toronto and the further you are removed from listening to Classical
music and of being older than 40....well, you get the picture?  He sort
of disappears in the mist of other interests, other lives.  All the more
reason we should continue to tell others who do not know of Gould
joys.....of his wonderful output.  Without pounding on a Gould pulpit,
we can just make kind suggestions to those we think might be receptive
and leave it like that.

All the best,

Fred Houpt
Toronto