Re: AW: [F_minor] The intentionalist fallacy and Glenn's humming.

What we need is a new recording of the Goldbergs by System of a Down!

At 05:02 PM 1/12/2008, pzumst@bluewin.ch wrote:
Gday fminor,
I must admit that I like the humming, it was one of the first
things i noticed when I put on a GG album for the very first time
(obvious, innit). I came from the Punk Rock Movement to the Classical
Crowd and was afraid that this crowd would be a bit stiff,
conservative and so on. GGs humming convinced me that this stiffness
was not required

Philosophical question: If the intention of the artist is not the
only valid reading, what is then ? The Audience ? The Listener ? I
for one have my doubts about that.
Gould without the humming would be like a cannibalzied version of
Citzizen Kane in color, The Twilight Zone without Rod Serling etc.

GG expressed his joy and passion for the music by humming.
Period.
Not that I have anything against someone like Jewgeni Kissin or
Keith Jarret, but I have not heard them hum.

rgds
pat