Re: [F_minor] Can anybody tell...

altkorho@mappi.helsinki.fi wrote:
anything about this project?

http://zenph.com/sept25.html

I saw the CD today in a local store, but thought I should find out more about this. Help appreciated.
It's what they say it is. They reverse-engineered Gould's 1955 recording to use a modern reproducing piano (with high resolution digital sampling of everything), and then they recorded it in stereo/digital with a couple of different perspectives. The first one on the disc is a fairly conventional microphone setup, and the second one is binaural for listening on headphones.

It's for people who would like to hear that performance in modern sound and without Gould's humming...or presence.