Re: [F_minor] Look at what I found on You Tube

In a message dated 10/4/2007 10:00:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
fred.houpt@rbc.com writes:

Can  anyone tell me if what I saw was a clavichord? I don't think it was
a  harpsichord, but am not sure?

Definitely a harpsichord, although of modern design and build. Gould
utilizes several coupling stops throughout as well as the "lute" stop on the  repeat
of the first part of the Prelude. Clavichords never have pedals for  coupling
nor do they have multiple sound qualities as this instrument does. They  also
are always table-top, never free-standing like this. You can even see the
plectra inside at about 20 seconds into the video as the camera zooms in, and
hear them "clicking" all the way through.
Steven Coburn