[F_minor] Re: GG Brahms

With respect to Gould's recording of the Brahms Ballades and Rhapsodies, there's a fascinating audio resource at

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/glenngould/028010-700-e.html#c

"Recorded in 1982 in New York City, the following tapes constitute the entire Brahms Ballades and Rhapsodies sessions. These were to be Gould's last piano recordings."

I find these files quite exciting - they give you a wonderful sense of "fly on the wall" presence as Gould works his way through the scores, constructing, measure by measure, the recorded performances, from bits and pieces played with great liveliness and virtuosity - repeated until they meet his standards.

I wonder if these files have ever been used for an analysis and reconstruction of Gould's creative process in making a recording?

. . . Peter Roosen-Runge