Re: [F_minor] Gould in Calgary, 1959

Hi Julie and all,

    the Feb 2 1959 date

Indeed, Canning's catalogue lists Feb 2, 1959, as a "recital" date in
Calgary (page 73 of volume I).  Unfortunately there is no information
about the program.  Indeed, it is listed with *, meaning that the NLC
does not hold a copy of the program.  They apparently do have copies of
many other programs, including a Feb 13 recital in Carnegie Hall.

Looking in the listing in the Friedrich book, he has no information for
the Calgary concert either.  However, he lists the following for these
recitals dates around Feb 2 (I'm skipping the ones that were obviously
played with a symphony orchestra):

Jan 9  Pasadena -- Schoenberg Suite; K.330; Goldberg Variations.
Feb 13 NYC -- Partita #6; Schoenberg Op.19; Op.110; Berg.
Feb 24 Buffalo -- Op.110; Goldbergs.
Mar 1  Washington -- Schoenberg Suite; K.330; Goldbergs.
Mar 8  Boston -- Partita #6; Op.110; two Brahms intermezzi; Hindemith #3.
Mar 10 Quebec -- same as Boston.

Looking earlier and later, I see more partitas, the Bach sinfonias, a
Haydn sonata.  Really pretty remarkable variety.

Hope this helps,
Karl