[F_minor] OT: Goldberg Variations featured in a new thriller

Interesting...

The book is Night Visions : A Novel of Suspense  by Thomas Fahy
http://www.amazon.com/Night-Visions-Suspense-Thomas-Fahy/dp/B000C4SS08/ref=sr_1_1/002-2526761-6009632?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1174959207&sr=1-1

According to the description, "The treatment seems to be a success, but after her first full night of sleep in months, Samantha learns that one of the other participants in the study has been murdered. The body is found crucified upside down, and a recording of J. S. Bach's "Goldberg Variations" plays at the scene..." Even more intriguingly, from the Publisher's Weekly review...
"Meanwhile, flashbacks to the court of the historical German Count Hermann Carl von Keyserlingk-also an insomniac, and the man who hired Johann Sebastian Bach to write what will become known as the Goldberg Variations-prove crucial to the solution of the puzzle."

I know there are lots of stories where the Goldbergs are featured, but I think this is the first one I've heard of where Count Hermann Carl von Keyserlingk and Bach end up in the story. :-)

------
Anne M. Marble
My Column: http://www.writing-world.com/columns/romance/current.shtml