RE: [F_minor] "Pain Stops Play" : article in 'The Guardian' newspaper

Chester Singh <k_dawg71@hotmail.com> wrote: Just, about Glenn Gould's back, my father (who met him) claims he was a
slight hunch back. This is perfectly understandable, as he probably
practiced too much, and hunching like that, anyone would get hunchbacked.
Singh
My understanding is that he seldom practiced.  I recall a story from one of the biographies that he (at least) once prepared for a recording by studying the scoreaway from the piano, and then playing it perhaps once before recording it.

Regarding his posture, little excercise besides perhaps walking and a poor diet could be factors.