Re: [F_minor] Zenph 55 G'bergs released!

I'm an old man and I don't trust any music I can't touch or see.

Remaking old recordings by sampling everything down to the Nth? This buys into the fallacy that great artists still would have played exactly the same way in a different acoustic, or if the playbacks at the sessions had had better recorded fidelity on the detail in their performances, or with a different piano, or on a different day, or, or, or.

A Folgers Crystals sketch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn9gaTgYRZc

Which is obviously a take-off of the real Folgers commercials. Various things get replaced with the freeze-dried instant, secretly, to see if people notice. Other parodies of those have also been done.

That's not to say that remakes aren't enjoyable, or worth listening to. But the ghost in the machine goes only so far.