RE: [F_minor] Reproduction of GG's Chair??

You're almost looking at discarded old chairs the right way. Philippe Weisbecker painted chairs abandoned on New York City sidewalks, and his pal Donald Evans created the imaginary nation of Weisbecker whose postage stamps are abandoned old chairs.

I'm a big Donald Evans fan, but have yet to see one of his Weisbecker faux stamps. There's one thumbnail (the full-size link is a dead end) of a Weisbecker chair among about 40 images of Weisbecker's work if you Google Image "Philippe Weisbecker."

I strongly recommend "The World of Donald Evans," long out of print, but nice copies at reasonable prices are here and there, and libraries with good art book collections must have a copy. Synesthetically speaking, if your ears like Gould, your eyes will like Evans.

Bob

http://vleeptronz.blogspot.com/