From: paul wiener <pwiener@ms.cc.sunysb.edu>
To: "Chester Singh" <k_dawg71@hotmail.com>, bpl@umich.edu, fred.houpt@rbc.com, f_minor@email.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: something interesting, and a question
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 13:06:54 -0400

Are/were any biographers aware of their relationship? It sounds as if he might have major anecdotes to contribute!

At 10:08 AM 5/24/2006, Chester Singh wrote:
A strange thing happened to me the other day, in that I discovered something interesting. I mentioned Glenn Gould in front of my father, and he said that back in the seventies, he had known Glenn GOuld quite well. My father is an artist, and claimed that his studio was very close to Glenn Gould's and they would meet often. This went on for about seven years, from 1970 to 1977. Something else is that my father says that every artist who had a studio in the area went to that diner (whose name I have forgotten), and each had their own particular booth that they occupied every time they ate there. Even more; my father actually heard the Toccata and Fugue in D minor (not Dorian) being played by Glenn Gould on an organ, as well as many other pieces of music.

Now to the qustion. Whatever I have read about Glenn Gould claims that towards the end of his life, he became recluse and stopped meeting people, limiting their conversations to telephones. Well, wasn't 1977 pretty close to his death, and that year my father claims he met him at least 20 times. I do not understand.
Chester Singh

MSN® Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling get-togethers. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.

Powerful Parental Controls Let your child discover the best the Internet has to offer. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.