Re: [F_minor] GG Signature: Is This Autograph Legit?

Hello Anne... keep in mind that Glenn's signature, like his opinions of Mozart, varied
depending on the phases of the moon and how he was feeling on any particular day.

I have authenticated autographs of his Gouldness with one "n", two "n"s, and a sort of
squiggle that looks like an elongated snake, that could be about 4 "n"s. I don't think
there is any canonical autograph.

Having said that, this particular autograph does seem a trifle askew... I would need to
know more details (was it mailed out to someone? taken from a Christmas card? written at
a concert?). 1960 was in the middle of Glenn's concertizing years, and I've noticed his
signatures seem to oscillate widely whenever he was on a concert tour. And Bill could be
any number of well known Bills, or an admirer...

Respectfully,
Matthew