[F_MINOR] Celebrating Glenn Gould in 2007

May I first send fresh greetings to all my old friends through Glenn Gould from the days when I was at the Foundation in Toronto.  These current days find me in Stratford, Ontario with the honour to be the Artistic Producer of the summer music festival, Stratford Summer Music, which complements the famous drama festival in this wonderful city which Canadians often refer to as our "summer cultural capital city".

Glenn was enamored of Stratford, too.  Perhaps it's safe to say that Stratford may be the only place outside Toronto where he planned so many concerts and made so many public appearances.  For a time in the 1960's he was even the Director of the music programming at the festival here.

That's why I think Stratford would be an ideal location to celebrate Glenn in 2007 - the 75th anniversary year of his birth and the 25th year of his death.   And I'd like to invite F-Minor members to be with us at Stratford Summer Music for this occasion.

Let's have another great series of events with people from around the world!

The dates I'm looking at right now would be from Wednesday, August 1 through to, and including, Sunday, August 5, 2007.

With enough time to plan ahead for travelling and participation details, I hope this gives everyone an opportunity to be with us in Stratford.

Right now, you could help me with the planning by letting me know just what topics or themes or guests or speakers or activites you would like to see included in the programming for this festival.  Mary Jo has already indicated her support and the participation of this site - which is terrific news to me.  Kevin Bazzana has said he will help.  Yamaha Canada and Steve Posen, too, of the Gould Estate have indicated their support so I think we have the beginnings of a terrific salute to a man who deserves nothing less in 2007.

Please do let me know what you would like to experience, to hear, to do, to discuss when you are here and I'll amass all the details and aim to incorporate what I can within the five-day schedule.  And remember that along with all the musical activities we can enjoy, for all our participants there will also be the exceptional theatre shows for which Stratford has gained international prominence.

Thanks for your considerations and counsel.  Eagerly I look forward to receiving each response.  Happily, so many of us - old friends and new through G.G. - can anticipate being together again in one of Glenn's favourite Canadian spots!

John

John A. Miller
Artistic Producer
Stratford Summer Music.

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn