Re: [F_MINOR] practicing, and a threadjack

Maurice lussier wrote:
Does anyone know If Gould produced sound using primarily weight, or was it primarily fingers?
I would guess fingers, as it's very hard to employ any productive amount of arm weight from such a low seat.
Also, do you know anything about whether he pushed for speed when practicing, gradually increasing his practice speed, or practiced at a slower speed exclusively than performance  speed.
I thought he didn't practice.  I'm sure he did in the early days, but it's possible to develop enough of a technique that practicing (for finger agility) becomes unnecessary.  I regularly bring stuff to performance level without any real practice-- and I'm certainly not Glenn Gould.  (I just really hate to practice.)

Bill Larson

P.S.-- I'm wondering about the sound quality of some of these grey-market cd's on the H&B site recently mentioned-- has anyone heard the Concertgabouw Bach D minor, or the Balt. Symphony Brahms D minor?  Are they both in decent stereo?

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website