[F_MINOR] (no subject)

Does anyone know If Gould produced sound using primarily weight, or was it primarily fingers? I have been trying to figure out the best, clearest, most efficient way to play for a long time and am not sure. Watching the dvd of the Goldberg Variations, I noticed times when his 5th finger is holding down a note,and the key is not totally in key bed. This, among other reasons would make me believe he used primarily fingers to produce sound. He appears to strike the note from above as well. If you know the answer, please give reasons supporting them. Also, do you know anything about whether he pushed for speed when practicing, gradually increasing his practice speed, or practiced at a slower speed exclusively than performance  speed.
Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website