[F_MINOR] To Daniel; Gould's WTC

Glenn Gould was born in Toronto, Canada on September 25, 1932. He won first prize in the 1946 "Piano Trophy Competition". He played the Prelude and Fugue in B flat minor from the Well Tempered Clavier Book 1. This was the only piano competition in which Gould took part.
After that Gould never played any Prelude nor Fugue from the Well Tempered Clavier Book 1 on concert. It is very different from the case of Richiter. Richiter played much more times Book 1 than Book 2, even though he started his study of WTC from Book 2.
In 1962 Gould began recording the Well Tempered Clavier in the Columbia's New York studio. It took nine years to complete in total. The Book 1 was released in 1965. The Book 2 in 1972.
He might have said, "I would like to be a recording producer for Richiter, if he wants me to be. His music is great, but recording was so bad." Richiter would have replied, "I am a performing pianist. Recording should be a result of performance." Regretfully there is the best performance of S. Richiter's Well Tempered Clavier Book 2 beautiful No.14 Fsharp minor on the CD live-recorded in 1973 in Innsbruck with many annoying coughs from the audience instead of Gould's joyful hummings.

http://www.geocities.jp/imyfujita/wtcpage0021.html

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website