[F_MINOR] GG & WTK

Thanks as always Brad for sharing yr enormous knowledge....am working my way through yr reply with glee.
You wrote

> I'm not sure where you have got the idea that Gould was
> unenthusiastic about the WTC.  Please explain....

I'm going by the article used in the booklet accompanying  the ggedition double CD I have: On the "muzak" character of the Fugue or Instructions for "well tempered Listeners"  by Michael Stegemann.  It bristles with statements such as "sounds anything but euphoric",  "Gould regarded many of the preludes as simply 'prosaically prefatory' ", "undisguised lack of enthusiasm with which he contemplated the continuation of the recording project" .  Perhaps I  - or M Stegemann - have been mislead?

Cordialement
Danielle

Danielle Law-Jackson
Primary address:  Omdraaisvlei Farm
P O Box 494  Prieska 8940  No. Cape, So. Africa
Telephone & Facsimile:  +27 (0) 53 35 3333 4
E-mail:  danielle@prieska.co.za
Cellular:  083 46 1326 7
Website:  omdraaisvlei.com
Or:
Rhodes University:  Department of Education
P O Box 94 Grahamstown 6140 E Cape, So. Africa
E-mail:  D.Law-Jackson@ru.ac.za

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website