Re: [F_MINOR] re-recording

Brad Lehman wrote:

At 04:37 PM 10/5/2005, Kristian Johansson wrote:

 If you were to choose one work for Gould to re-record, which would
it be?

Brandenburg 5: with no memory slips, and with an orchestra conducted
by someone other than himself, and no tacks in the piano's hammers,
and lose that lurchy overdotting of the last movement.

And then, another go at the Bach toccatas, with my reasoning in the
review here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000028NM

I agree without your comments about Gould's Bach 'going round the bend' in the seventies but I adore the Violin Sonatas disc with Laredo in that I think this crazy re-creation of Bach worked . Had it been solo Bach, I'd probably have gone insane listening to it. But Laredo provides a foil, a counterpoint to the dissassociated (I mean in the psychological sense) Gould. Hate to say it but being a violinist probably introduces a significant element of bias, but that set is slated for my desert island.

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn