Re: [F_MINOR] OT: Speaking of Facade...

 Good morning, all!

Jorgen wrote (inreply to Anne's query about GG's extract from "Facade"):-
> "Facade" is a great work, with many more arresting movements than the
> one Gould took part in.
> The author to the very interesting poems is Edith Sitwell.
> The "Gould movement" is called "Scotch Rhapsody" (hence his dialect).

Thank you .....but please: What is it he actually _SAYS_?  I have watched this extract quite a few
times, and I have never managed to make out the words - so impenetrable is his accent!

You know, I love to see him having fun with his various accents, but most of them are hopelessly
unconvincing, really (sorry, Glenn). As an actor he would have been a terrible ham. Re his acting
talents, I have on my computer a copy of a poster advertising a lecture he gave at the University
of Cincinnati on "monday  april 22" (it doesnt give the year, but shows a photo of a young GG maybe
in his  twenties - I am afraid I cannot remember which website I found this on) The text includes
the following:
"Mr Gould is as gifted a musical thinker as he is a pianist. Many of his friends think he could
actually give up the piano and become a distinguished actor, but the idea of becoming a commentator
or lecturer appeals to him most. Acting talent plus musical intelligence seems a natural requisite
for a speaker and his friends .... say we can expect a most exciting evening"
I do not know who these (somewhat misguided!!) friends were, but I hope at least their expectations
of great excitement were fulfilled... His subject on that occasion was ?COntemporary Music,
focussing on Arnold Schoenber

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:

F_minor Website (with early archive):