[F_MINOR] GG: Ten Things I Learned from Glenn Gould

I thought of this idea while at the bookstore and while driving home.
Luckily, I didn't run over anybody. I did see what could have been a gray
fox while driving home, though. either that or an alien dog, a really
really really tall cat, or a scrawny coyote/fox/hyena hybrid with pointy
ears.

Ten Things I Learned from Glenn Gould

1) It's OK to hum if you feel like it!

2) Go ahead and sing, even if nobody else likes the sound of your voice.

3) You can teach important lessons with humor. It's even better if it's
offbeat humor, because then people will talk about it longer.

4) Sometimes you have to ignore the experts and do it your way.

5) Even rainy days and cloud-covered skys can be gorgeous.

6) There's nothing wrong with having a favorite shirt, even if it's worn
and wrinkled.

7) It's a good idea to get away to the countryside for a while. Besides,
when you go back to your apartment, your favorite diner will
still be there.

8) Find your bliss wherever you can, whether it's in the works of Bach or
in a Petula Clark song. Or in an episode of the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

9) Always keep a hat, scarf, and gloves nearby. You never know when you'll
need them, and you'll look really neat in photographs.

10) Take risks. The critics may hate it now, but someday, people will
realize you were right all along. ;-)

Any one have other suggestions or additins for the lists?

------
Anne M. Marble
My Blog: http://gorokandwulf.blogspot.com/
My Column: http://www.writing-world.com/columns/romance/current.shtml
Forward Motion Writing Site: http://fmwriters.com

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn