Re: [F_MINOR] GG Recordings You Like That Everyone Else Hates

Thanks Fred, good points.

I just received my copy of the "Well-Tempered Clavier" done by  by the
Musical Heritage Society.  Vladimir Feltsman, piano.

In the notes by Tim Page (rehash of something he wrote earlier?) he says
of Gould's presentation of this work "Glenn Gould played with a mixture
of detatched structuralism and headlong virtuosity."  That to me is why
GG is so loved and hated.  He did not leave room in some middle ground.
It is also why is so great.

Peter Waud
Normandy Park, Washington

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn