A book is being written by an author outside of Lucasfilm, about the Computer Division.  The author is using the transcripts from the Computer Division interviews I conducted, so the publication (release date I do not know) will certainly provide documentation of the development of audio editing systems.  In the meantime, I think articles by Moorer may be available on the Internet.

By the way, Andy Moorer was also responsible for the THX sound, that one hears on the THX trailers in movie theatres.

Pamela Glintenkamp

In a message dated 10/15/04 9:06:41 PM, LISTSERV@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU writes:

Date:? ? Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:49:54 -0400
From:? ? Mary Jo Watts <mwatts@EDEN.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: Audio editing history?

Anyone have any suggested reading for a history of audio editing?? I'm
looking for info about when and what programs first became available
that would allow a lay user to manipulate digital audio files.? I'm also
interested in what the best, cheapest and easist programs/toys are
available that allow for mixing.

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website