[F_MINOR] Gould, music, pictures and images

Some months back there was an interesting thread re favourite pictures of Les Homme.  Some more months back there was a BBC music mag article on competition  winning pictures expressing music.  I was rather disappointed in the latter; many of the images cld have been expressing delight at some really scrummy Camembert or a delectable whiff of Joy perfume.  For me both the best picture expressing music, and perhaps my all time favourite of Gould, is the picture of his hands conducting found on the cover of the Ostwald Ecstasy and Tragedy book.  Those rather exceptionally beautiful hands cld not be doing anything other than drawing music out, into, around, creating, hearing Bach ...
  • Does anyone know what piece of music this is in reality associated with?  Or a suggestion of personal association?  When seeing this picture I have always thought of the incredible building and brooding intensity of WTK1 Prel # 22 in B-flat minor.
  • Does anyone know how one wld get hold of a copy of this picture - it really is one image I shld dearly love to have in my music room above the spinet .....inspiration for fumblefingers inc.
  • A diff art question:  Does anyone know the title of the Zao Wou-Ki painting Gould had in his lounge?  Or details of any other artworks he surrounded himself with?  His thoughts about them? I slhd imagine his views on the visual art he chose to  live with wld be really fascinating

Cordialement
Danielle

PS Elmer yr e-mail address is saying NYET with sickening regularity

Danielle Law-Jackson
Primary address:  Omdraaisvlei Farm
P O Box 494  Prieska 8940  No. Cape, So. Africa
Telephone & Facsimile:  +27 (0) 53 35 3333 4
E-mail:  danielle@prieska.co.za
Cellular:  083 46 1326 7
Or:
Rhodes University:  Department of Education
P O Box 94 Grahamstown 6140 E Cape, So. Africa
E-mail:  D.Law-Jackson@ru.ac.za

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website