[F_MINOR] GG: Action Regulation

Dear F-Minor!

I have read somewhere that pianos are delivered regulated to certain factory specifications, but that it is possible to make small modifications to accommodate the player. When I played Gould's Yamaha I noticed that it was very responsive. It sounded just the way you wanted it to sound; totally different from any other new Yamaha grands I have played. My question is whether Gould was lucky in finding a totally unique instrument or if that very special touch is the result of certain regulations (at the expense of some other qualities).

If Gould regulated his piano, which were the lost qualites? Is it possible to regulate my Bechstein Model M to bring it at least one step closer to the Gould-Yamaha-responsiveness?

Thanksfully yours,

DAVID RAMEZANI

MSN Mobil: Spara tid - fyll på ditt kontantkort här!
Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website