Re: [F_MINOR] Glenn Gould Collectibles

Anne M. Marble wrote:

> Does anyone on the list collect GG stuff, such as programs, rare
> LPs, hard-to-find books, etc.? Not just to read/listen/whatever,
> but to collect? I know his autograph is hard to find and pricey.
> (Someone on this list found it listed on a web site for $1,500!)
> But what about programs or old magazines with interviews? Where
> can those things be found (besides eBay)?

I would have liked that Goldberg Variations interview script with
annotations by GG which sold (for $2500) on ebay recently:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2239236859&sspagename=STR
K%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

'This is one of only two copies of the original script for the
"Goldberg Variations" radio interview with Pulitzer Prize winning
music critic Tim Page, issued in 2002 as part of "A State of
Wonder" on SONY Classical.  From Page's personal collection,
the script features markings by Gould in his customary black
felt-tip pen but is not signed; also annotated by Page.'

The only collectible I've bought is one of the 1955 Goldberg
Variations LPs, which was much more affordable :)

-ed

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn