Re: [F_MINOR] Glenn Gould Collectibles

Elmer_Elevator wrote:

I think I could resist all Gouldiana -- except his wonderful winter long
scarfs. Maybe he only had one. Where has it gone? I would sell my soul for
it.

This is kind of gross, but I think I remember reading somewhere or
somebody told me that the librarians at the National Library of Canada
had a great debate when they received GG's hat (and I think scarf).
Apparently they were kind of funky-- as in they were dirty with GG's
body funk. The great debate was-- should they store them as they
received them or should they send them to the dry cleaners?  I think
they elected to store his funk (and possibly his DNA) for posterity.
Now I'm pretty sure I didn't make this story up but if I did it would
make an interesting vignette for a sci-fi novel...

-Mary Jo

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn