From: Brad Lehman <bpl@UMICH.EDU>
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Subject: [F_MINOR] A Gramophone retrospective of GG
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:06:06 -0500

Article by Rick Phillips surveying GG's career, etc. Pretty general.

http://www.gramophone.co.uk/reputations_detail.asp?id=1454

Here's a part I hadn't known before:
"For his 1955 recording of the Goldberg Variations, he recorded all the
variations first, ignoring the opening theme. Then, when it came time to
record the theme, he laid down over 20 takes of it, trying to find the
right neutral character for it, that wouldn't give away the level of
involvement emerging later in the work. The opening theme used was take
21."

Brad Lehman

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn

_________________________________________________________________ Talk with your online friends with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.nl/