Re: [F_MINOR] Favorite GG Pix

nne M MArble wrote :-

>Warning: non-musical question ;)
> Of the many pictures of Glenn Gould, what are your favorites?And which
> picture(s) do you think most captures his essence as a musician, person,
> etc.? (He had a lot of essences, so it's all right to pick more than
> one picture.)

Hey, I never thought of each one as demonstrating essences, but its an
interesting thought, so  here goes....

 I actually like the photos from his later years.That photo of him in the
snow at Caledon, (the "essence" maybe of aloneness), and the studio shot
with his young  images on the screens behind hom (I have seen at least three
versions of this;  I like the one that used to appear in the "biography"
section of the  old Sony GG site,  in a sepia tint). I am not sure which
"essence" it represents'  but to me it reveals a wonderful gentleness and
-perhaps-  a slight sadness,

But I also like one of him at the piano, "conducting " with his free hand;
which appears in "The Art of Glenn Gould".  (Essence of intensity and
concentration on his music-making) And  the slightly severe portrait resting
his forehead on his left hand that used  to grace the 1981 Goldbergs CD.
(maybe it still does)That one also appeared a few issues ago in GlennGould
magazine. Essence?  Probably the 'Last Puritan' .

Can anyone help with another photo from the same session ( I think it was
with Don Hunstein)?  There are several pictures of GG, sitting on a wooden
folding chair with one leg crossed over the other (Glenn's legs, not the
chair legs )  ; in one of these he has kicked off one of his shoes. But one
of these  photos shows him with  something rather  rare  for a GG picture -
a huge and happy grin. No sadness there.  Now I have downloaded a _tiny_ and
blurred version of this  but he looks so happy I would love a clearer
version. Does any F_minor have a decent copy of this, or know of a website
where it appears?

Finally, apart from still photos, does  anyone have any favourite Gouldian
video clips?

Kate

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn