Re: [F_MINOR] F_MINOR Digest - 16 Mar 2004 to 17 Mar 2004 (#2004-35)

I should be getting ready for my latest attempt to ride the train to Boulder, CO -- but must take time to nominate my favorite picture -- and hopefully even get a copy of it.  A while back a Quebec Gazette TV Guide, with Glenn Gould on its cover, was offered on eBay, and I fell in love with it.  This was Glenn, as I have come to envision him; but mine was not the successful bid.

I contacted Oliver Mallich at the photo section of the Gazette to see if I could purchase a copy.  Mr. Mallich was kind enough to look into the files, but he discovered it was not their picture, could not find a credit, and he had no idea where to direct me   I had intended to ask for help from you.

It was a later picture of Glenn with an orchestra --  arms outstretched in apparent supplication, furowed brow, straining three-quarters turned from his chair -- with its tattered remains fanning beneath him (which should help date it).  I would be so grateful if someone could helo me locate it.

Which brings me to another thought I have frequently had -- why hasn't Don Hulstein (sp?) published a book from the many pictures he took of GG over the years?

OK -- back to pack.  Made it all the way to Galesburg, IL last night before the train turned around due to a coal car derailment in Ottumna, IA.  Brought me in contact with a lot of nice people I might not have otherwise met.  When the best laid plans go astray -- it is sometimes fun.

Davina Chalmers-Hammel

Do you Yahoo!?
Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website