Re: [F_MINOR] OT: Puppet blood is not pretty! Puppeblut ist nicht schoene!

Lainaus "Cline, Eric" <Eric.Cline@REICHHOLD.COM>:

> Elmer,
>

> DG is my favorite Mozart opera, with Figaro as my second
> favorite. I
> have never been able to really appreciate Die Zauberflote. It has some
> wonderful music, but the story just doesn't grab me.
>
> > Eric Cline

Hello!

As regards the magical Zauberflöte, perhaps you should try and grab the
story, not the other way round. In my "aesthetic judgment, Zauberflöte has
some interesting and "deep" connections with Wagner's Parsifal, not
storywise, but as regards the dramatic structure (if this is the correct
term; I know next to nothing about aesthetic theory). This point, however,
is probably an old hat, and I have probably seen it written somewhere, but
can't recall where and by whom.

Best regards,

anssi korhonen

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn