[F_MINOR] Christmas music ex Africa

With apologies to Elmer for somewhat late-to-the-max. In So. Africa unpunctuality is referred to/blamed on/excused by the words/ as Africa time - but perhaps in time for his lament for December 2004 auditory pollution?  I suppose that shld actually be from September onwards....

We (the St. George's Singers, based at  St. George's Anglican Cathedral, Cape Town) did a really grand CD  some years back including some exquisite stuff by a few of  the doyens of SA music - John Joubert (There is no rose), Herbert du Plessis  (A carol of the Fleur de lys)  and a bunch of Warlockiana.  I'm surprised no-one on the list mentioned P the Warlock's stuff - surely some of the most lovely melodies available; such a joy to sing.  Always a puzzle given the (claimed) very dark origins.

Noel greetings from 40 degrees centigrade.  Sigh. Enjoy yr snow

Cordialement
Danielle

Danielle Law-Jackson
Primary address:  Omdraaisvlei Farm
P O Box 494  Prieska 8940  No. Cape, So. Africa
Telephone & Facsimile:  +27 (0) 53 35 3333 4
E-mail:  danielle@prieska.co.za
Cellular:  083 46 1326 7
Or:
Rhodes University:  Department of Education
P O Box 94 Grahamstown 6140 E Cape, So. Africa
E-mail:  D.Law-Jackson@ru.ac.za

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface

F_minor Website