Re: [F_MINOR] A Gouldian game

Another list....second try. Pls excuse if the first attempt
shows up meanwhile.

GG
Bill Gates
Salman Rushdie
Colon Powell
Roman Polanski
Arvo Part
Rembrandt
JS Bach
Orlando Gibbons
Tuzo Wilson
Roberta Bondar
Moshe Safdie
Evelyn Glennie
Pauline Viardot
David Bohm
Baz Luhrmann
Alice Munro
Nikita Khruschev
zen roshi Suzuki
Michelle Kwan

Cheers all - Hele

From: Mary Jo Watts <mwatts@EDEN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Subject: [F_MINOR] A Gouldian game
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 13:24:01 -0500

Happy new year!  (I got an I-Pod for X-mas so I've been smiling for
days!!!)

Somebody play this game with me, please???!!!

Ok-- aside from GG at the head of the table, who would you have for your
perfect dinner party?  There could be one where you think the
participants would get along or spark great conversation or a party
where all the guests were there just because you wanted to talk with
them. Living or Dead. Part of the fun of this game is trying to figure
out who all the people are on the list and what it says about the host.
Another feature of the game is trying to figure out who would chat the
most with whom and what about. Let's say you get 20 guests. It can be a
long party. Ready??

My guest list in no particular order:
1) GG
2) Peter Gabriel
3) Laurie Anderson
4) Prince
5) Julie Andrews
6) Pat Summitt
7) Theresa Wheatherspoon
8) Madeline Albright
9) Ella Fitzgerald
10) Dolly Parton
11) Monique Wittig
12) Bill Clinton
13) Katherine Hepburn
14) Elizabeth Le Compte
15) Walter Benjamin
16) Judith Herman
17) Audre Lourde
18) Camille Paglia
19) Hugh Kenner
20) Elmer Elevator

Perhaps Elmer can tell us who he would talk to from the list and what
about!!!

Best Wishes to all for 2004,
Mary Jo Watts
mwatts@rci.rutgers.edu
listowner, f_minor

P.S. I'm making a list of the LPs for the folks who've contacted me
off-list.  It IS coming I promise.

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca