But like you say, Toronto looks good with lots of things GG: http://aix1.uottawa.ca/~weinberg/tour.html.

Of course there are the record stores (HMV on Ste-Catherine, Archambault downtown, I think on Berri street) and book stores (Chapters, Renaud Bray) where you may find books and CDs.

I did try to locate concerts in Montreal during your stay here, some Bach and Beethoven:

===Saturday, December 6, 2003
Anne Lee, Anne-Marie Leblanc, Benoit Loiselle, Chloe Dominguez, Hannah Addario-Berry, Brian Manker, cellos
Bach: The Six Suites for solo cello BWV 1007-1012
Time : 5:00:00 PM
Price : Free, contribution welcome
Presented by : Christ Church Cathedral
Christ Church Cathedral
635 Ste-Catherine O
Montréal, QC
H3A 2B8
514-843-6577

===Sunday, December 7th, 2003 Gregory Campbell, alto; Lana Tomlin, violon; Elise Desjardins, piano Bach, Brahms, Glazunov Time : 1:00:00 PM Price : Free, contribution welcome Presented by : Christ Church Cathedral Christ Church Cathedral 635 Ste-Catherine O Montréal, QC H3A 2B8 514-843-6577

==Monday, December 8, 2003 Classe de Paul Stewart, piano Beethoven, Liszt, Schumann, Scriabine Time : 7:30:00 PM Price : Free Université de Montréal, Faculté de musique Salle Papineau-Couture (B-421) 200 Vincent-d'Indy Montréal, QC H3C 3J7 514-343-6427

==Tuesday, December 9, 2003 Classe de Jutta Puchhammer (musique de chambre: quatuor) Bartok, Beethoven, Dvorak, Mendelssohn Time : 5:00:00 PM Price : Free Université de Montréal, Faculté de musique Salle Papineau-Couture (B-421) 200 Vincent-d'Indy Montréal, QC H3C 3J7 514-343-6427

==Friday, December 12, 2003 Pascale Verstrepen, piano (fin maîtrise) Bach, Liszt, Scriabine Time : 4:00:00 PM Price : Free Université de Montréal, Faculté de musique Salle Papineau-Couture (B-421) 200 Vincent-d'Indy Montréal, QC H3C 3J7 514-343-6427

The bigger orchestras, l'Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal and l'Orchestre Métropolitain do not show any program during your stay. Other venues I looked at, Maison des Arts de Ste-Adele (Yamaha piano), Théatre du Vieux-Terrebonne, Maison Tresstler (Fazioli piano) unfortunately do not show anything.

If you play piano perhaps we can get together and I'll try to sneak you in to some practice room at the University where I'm taking music courses on Tuesday nights.

Enjoy your stay.

Paul