Re: [F_MINOR] FW: GG & Encarta

I have to take a moment to point out how hilarious this is!  First of
all Encarta is the kind of mediated technology that Gould would have
toyed with (I think we can agree-- though my bet is that he'd be a Mac
man).  I know who recorded the clip-- it was one Karlheinz Klopweiser.

Welcome to the list Maria!

Mary Jo Watts
listowner, f_minor
mwatts@rci.rutgers.edu

Dominic Lesnar wrote:

I noticed a few years ago that the Glenn Gould entry in my Encarta 2000
Deluxe Edition has a sound clip of SOMEONE playing the Goldberg third
variation but it is NOT Gould because the instrument is a harpsichord
recorded in an extremely reverberant room, and as far as I remember GG
never recorded the Goldbergs on anything but a piano. Has anyone else
noticed this?  Has this been corrected in future editions of Encarta?

Dominic Lesnar

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn