GG: I Got the New Bazzana Book

This came in the mail yesterday -- sooner than expected. (The Amazon.com
web site was predicting I wouldn't get it until mid-November or
mid-December.)

I've only read parts of it, but already, it is promising. And it bashes (or
at least writes graffiti on) some of the "Gouldian images" that have been
built up.

This is a whole main heading on radio with separate subheadings on BBC,
CBC, etc. With more than 10 pages devoted to the Idea of North alone. (And
probably more smaller entries on the Idea of North.) And those sections
don't have the attitude of the other biographers. (i.e., there's none of
that "Eww, why doesn't he play the piano for me instead?" <wink>) Even more
promisingly, this comes under a section called "Renaissance Man." (The part
on the concert life is called "Vaudevillian" -- GG would approve!)

------
Anne M. Marble
ATBF Columnist All About Romance -- http://www.likesbooks.com
Holly Lisle's Forward Motion Writing Site: http://www.fmwriters.com