Re: GG: Die Kunst der Fuge (slight return)

At 11:05 AM 9/27/2003 -0400, Karl Berry wrote about the Art of Fugue:
My favorite piano recordings overall are Eugene Koroliov's and Vladimir
Feltsman's.  Because, well, they were the most GG-like to me.  I also
very much like Charles Rosen's, he has a different attitude.  I have
Leonhardt's recording on harpsichord, but it doesn't especially appeal
to me.

Bradley Brookshire's recording on harpsichord is to be published later this
year; it also has CD-ROM features including essays and an analyzed
score.  I've heard a pre-release draft of it: this is really going to be a
special one, remarkable in its energy and expressiveness.

Bradley Lehman, Dayton VA
home: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl
clavichord CD's: http://listen.to/bpl or http://www.mp3.com/bpl (USA,
Europe, or Japan)
trumpet and organ: http://www.mp3.com/hlduo

Sharp as a cucumber, cool as a tack. - BPL, 8/18/02