Re: Glenn DVDs

Hi David,

Yeah, I bought them a little while back in the three pack version.  Probably my favorite of the bunch was the Russian Journey.  The life and times disc seemed relatively short and paled in comparison with the other Gould bio video produced soon after his death.  The French Extasis I disliked so much I should probably not comment on it!  ;-)   That wins my award for least useful Gould disc/tape I've ever seen.

For those of you that may not know, these discs have very little to do with each other.  They aren't part of a series and there's no kind of progression or advancement of thought and argument throughout the three discs.

So what did you think about the discs, David?  Got any favorites?  Ever seen the early Gould bio tape?  Did the Extasis disc seem strange to you? or was it just me?

Brad, you seen these discs?  ;-)

Jim
Subject: Glenn DVDs

Have any of you gotten 'The Glenn Gould Collection" on Kultur. It is a three DVD set containing "Life & Times," "Russian Journey," and "Extasis."  I don't know how new this is, but I got one for $49 at the Virgin Mega store in NYC. You can also get the individual ones for @ $19 each.