Glenn Gould and stage fright?

Sorry if this comes  twice.  I posted it last night
and it didn't go through.

A recent thread on another list might be interesting
to F minors.

Posters were talking about the exaggerated and
unnecessary physical antics of several pianists.
Someone mentioned nerves.  Someone else wrote in that
nerves was certainly not the reason for GG's actions
or his retirement from public performances because he
never suffered from stage fright.

I recall reading that he said he had suffered  from
stage fright.  A man who was a member of the Toronto
Symphony from 1967 on said he had played with GG on
several occasions and he always appeared confident and
never showed any signs of nervousness.

I never heard GG play in person, but from TV shows and
videos I  got the impression that he was always very
sure of himself.

Any thoughts?