Re: A more dramatic retirement from performing than Glenn Gould's!

>I can see Glenn Gould laughing and saying to himself
>"I wish I had thought of that."

But what about that poor piano that could have been used by someone who
was in need of a piano. I find this exhibition rather selfish. Sorry,
but I love music instruments; they have a life and should be preserved
rather than destroyed.

I can't imagine Gould making such a public display nor wantonly destroying a valuable instrument. This is ego masquerading as commentary and critique of the music business.  Glenn would have written an essay, which of course he did.  Who could imagine imagine him dropping a piano from a helicopter?!   Absurd!   Dorian