Re: A more dramatic retirement from performing than Glenn Gould's!

Thank you to all who replied to my post.

As I suspected, Glenn Gould fans were more
understanding of M. Duchable's frustrations than other
music lovers.  People on other piano lists replied
that he was arrogant in his disgust for those who had
paid to hear his concerts.

I can see Glenn Gould laughing and saying to himself
"I wish I had thought of that."

Of course there is the matter of dumping a piano in a
lake.  Seems like a wasteful thing to do.  As Kate
pointed out, Duchable played a concert on it so it was
in playing condition.

Wonder how he got away with it?  Dumping in lakes is
against the law in most countries.