Wagner

Title: Wagner

Last night I remembered that I had a cassette recording of Gould playing and conducting Wagner, supposedly the last recording.  It has been several years since I listened to both sides.  What a gem.  Gould's conducting was as sensitive and insightful as his piano playing.  One side was his piano playing and if memory serves me it's his own transcription of Wagner.  Simply the most delicious and gentle Wagner.  I was reminded of wonderful chords sounding quite Mahlerian.  I guess since Wagner came first he was an influence to Mahler!  Terrific album and although I am not a big Wagner fan this is a sumptuous and lovely keeper.

I lamented to myself after hearing this how much more we could have enjoyed of Glenn's work, say, had he recorded more Haydn and Scarlatti?  Ah......

regards,

Fred Houpt

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.