Re: A more dramatic retirement from performing than Glenn Gould's!

Hello

I think there are just too many things involved in
these kind of decisions. It could be that this pianist
really disliked what he did and wanted to finish it in
an spectacular showy way. But have you realized how
much pressure these people have? all the jealousies,
competition and no offense but, shity people they are
surrounded by? I mean music is the most awsome thing
but the people involved, the insecurities, constant
fears that someone else will come and in 10 years you
are not going to be the "fresh cool" new soloist or
what ever? and what about the critics?
It must be really stressful. But  I don´t think Glenn
would have approved of these events. Yes he didn´t
like concerts but he loved his piano. And he did music
his way.
And the comments about orchestra players, I only have
to say one thing: routine. Routine is not only in
music but in all careers and life. Our challenge is to
fight it, how, I wish I knew.

Sara.