Re: GG on the Philips Great Pianists series

Hi Jon, and welcome to the list.

I forget where it's at in the Glenn Gould reader, but I think somewhere in there he makes that claim as well.  It's hard for me to take him seriously though, on this matter and I'd imagine Schoenberg and Bach would come ahead of Gibbons on his favorites list.

Anything else you'd like to talk about on the Alchemist DVD? I was particularly impressed with seeing Gould working in the studio. Even if the scene was entirely made for the camera I still liked seeing Gould as he might be in the studio.

Jim

PS: I wasn't very impressed that the new three disc set from culture.  Anyone else seen these?  I think the other films on Gould are better.  This have their good moments, but I'd rank the other films on Gould as better than these.

Hello,

This is my first post to this list so hello all.

> I think I read once that GG was especially pleased with the English music.

He actually says on The Alchemist DVD that Orlando Gibbons is his favorite composer!

Jon