Re: EuroBob's Pick of the Week / competition

Hi Elmer,

That Manze/Egarr set is one of the best of these works on period instruments that I've heard.  I'm especially fond of the theorbo/lute unusual addition to the works.

The very best that I've heard on period instruments is a selection of them on a single disc by the Seattle Baroque Orchestra.  Some people swear by the group
Musica Alta Ripa, but I've never heard their work.

I loved Prague and visited it a few times in the late 90s. I'm envious.  Got to get back to Europe sometime soon.  I saw a German TV show last night (thank you MHZ network) that
had a nice shot of the Aachen Cathedral and it almost made me cry! ;-)

Jim