From: Peter Lyon [mailto:petermlyon@HOTMAIL.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 3:36 PM
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Subject: Re: Beethoven's Opus 22

Hello
When one hears the _expression_: "Glen Gould didn't like such and such a
piece." Should this be taken as gospel, i.e. that the piece is no good, or
with a very large pinch of salt?
Also is it known whether Gould 'didn't like' Beethoven's Diabelli Variations
or is there another reason why he never recorded them?
Regards
Peter Lyon