Re: Humming and singin

those threads about gould and his humming that come up every now and then ow this very board are irritating me.
why do you intellectuals always  have to try  to explain everything?

as our good friend elmer has said gould was humming because he  was right in the middle of  his own center of the universe. he expressed his joy by humming. now what would you do?

and what most musicians will rarely admit (including  those on this very board I suspetct) is that when they are learning a piece they are humming along  to follow the music a nd try to "get it"
(prove can be submitted)

it has to be said that gould's humming can be quite irritating (only when you look for it though) but  in the end what counts is the music . no more . no less.

(has anyone heard gould humming on a schönberg recording?)

pat
(Humming Defense League)